Friday, March 16, 2007

Another guy

Can't believe I'm writing another guy just two days after the previous one...
but!! don't get me wrong. This is a totally different story!!
This guy.....

He is one of my groupmates in Promotional Management project.
I almost gonna had a fight with him just now in the meeting.. hahaha
of course.. I will never do that.
and this is my very first time to "be pissed off" during any group meetings in my entire life!!

I think he's those type that my sister described about her Singaporean groupmates in Australia..
He thinks that he got the most brilliant ideas in the world.. so never hear what other people say..
Whenever someone say something, he will interrupt with "What you mean by... (repeating the person's sentence)"
Then whenever he got his idea.. he will say "Oh.. this is what we should do"

Well.. for those who got his response of "what you mean by...." is already lucky..
people like me.. whom he think i'm nobody... will just ignore me..
he can really do that!!
I feel that's so funny.. when we are in a group.. when I say something.. he just seems that I'm not even there...
and when I'm in the mid-way of my sentence.. he just starts talkiing!!
wow.. how respectful is that!!
I observed his behaviour for 2 of our meetings.. and figured out he only do that to me..
but I dunno why... maybe I'm really nobody.. hahahaa

actually I dun really mind whether he ignores me or not..
so whenever he interrupts me, I just shut up and keep silent and let him speak.
but just now when we were having the meeting.. I did something I never do before..

coz he always think he got the most brilliant idea..
so as usual he was talking about his idea of how we should do our project..
well.. if he really had good ideas.. (hmm.. at least feasibily idea I should say).. I won't do such things
but.. what he said is like... we should do "less" than others groups do to be "special".......

........

to be fair.. let me clarify the thing..
there are 6 components we could do in our project.. we can choose to do whatever suitable for the ad campaign.
since the campaign is going to last for 3-6mths and there is no budget constraints,
it's very likely for all groups to fully utilize all components if they could..
what this guy saying is.. we should only do one of them... to be "special"...
and that "one" he chosen.. was not even an effective way to advertise (although he claim that is the MOST effiecent one..)

when he was saying his brillian idea.. all of us were is silent..
one of our groupmates seems to be his gf.. so she had nothing to say.. I understand that..
the other 2 girls.. they are very nice girls.. they tried to talk to him and tried to change his mind..
but what he did is keep is "what u mean by" strategy...

the project is due in 3-wks time.. I don't want to delay it anymore..
I know the other 3 girls are too nice.. they don't want to make him angry or whatever.. (that's a Chinese culture, conflict avoidance, isn't it)
but then... someone has to do it..
so I do what I think I should do..
I "argued" with him.. with my limited English skills..
and acted like pissed off... like this ->
and insisted to use other components..

somehow I dun care what he thinks about me.. he's not the king anyway.. I don't need to please him..
I just had enough of him..
It always sounds like the 4 of us are doing a project, and he's the judge and simply ban everything and make us follow him..
well... actually.. I don't need to care about the marks since I'm on exchange, I don't have my grade on my script..
but I do care what I do!

well.. 3 weeks to go..
I didn't expect the project to be a good one
I do think it will be much more better without him seriously..
I can see it from last meeting.. 4 of us worked very well..
anyway.. I do hope that at least the campaign is a feasible one... bless me...

No comments: