Monday, October 23, 2006

International friends vs HK friends

Studying at ANU is quite a different experience to studying in the hotel school in Sydney.
Here we go to classes my ourselves, after that, people just leave almost without talking to one another..
In the hotel school, we all stayed on campus, we had small classes.. everyone knows each other..
so you can make lots of friends in 2-weeks time.

I used to chat a lot with friends from all different countires..
I tried to stay away from the HK people to get away from rumors..
Talking with Western friends make me feel more comfortable although sometimes I can say exactly what I wanted to express.
I love making friends with them

Coming back again to Australia this time, I stay with my sisters instead.
In this kind of university and this kind of living environment, I only made a few real friends.. most of them are Asian..
I tend not to tell HK people all my history even my age.. becoz it will simply cause me more trouble..
It's not my perception to them.. it's the truth..

Lucky me..
Nothing bad happened till now except for a really bad 2 months relationship with a HK guy which I really regret.
And.. in my last semester here.. I did meet some friends from other nationalities.

Kate, a lovely girl from Thailand..
she's smart, cute, funny..
I can just talk to her with all funny things..
Working with her was a wonderful experience..

Benn, a huge Australia guy..
Although he always laughed at me..
he's a real good man.
He helped me alot with my exchange plan..
I can tell him everything I want and no need to worry about him telling anyone else..

I really wish I met these two lovely people the 1st day I came to ANU..
well.. I should content with what I've got at the moment... shoudn't I?

hmm.. of course..
I do have good friends in Hong Kong..
but it seems no way for me to meet good HK people here..
my friends in HK are just too good.. I always miss them..
especially my lifetime best friend Iris, and the guy who loves me the most in the world - my "big brother" Charles..
They are always in my mind.. always..

The people I met in HK and the HK people I met in Australia are so different!!
I shouldn't say all HK people studying overseas are crap.. (well..I'm one of them.. )
but as far as I experienced.. some of them just came here for "freedom"..
there's a big difference between the purposes of Western people studying overseas and HK people studying overseas..
Western people really want to experience life.. want to meet friends.. want to travel..
but HK people... they do not have any inspirations..
they don't even know what they are doing..

Am I blaming those HK people?
NO!
what makes them like this is the education system in HK..
they never teach students how to "think"..
It is the worst thing in the world..

well.. I'll talk about more about this later.

No comments: