Monday, December 3, 2007

Unexpected

Believe it or not. My cats changed my life.
Just give you one example.
I adopted my lovely cats from a charity HKCATS in June 2004.
Few months later, someone from HKCATS decided to publish a magazine and asked for articles. I wrote an article and was luckily chosen to be published in the magazine. And the editor Benny became my mentor since then.
One year later, I had to go to Australia for my studies. I started to blog about how I miss my cats. Once again, Benny is nice enough to use my article for another cat magazines he was working for at that moment. Unfortunately that pet magazine stopped its business awhile ago. But Benny is planning for publishing his own cat magazine soon and my article will be one of the columns there.

What's more?
Another member from HKCATS recently asked for cat stories for her friend in Canada. Her friend is a famous Chinese DJ in Canada, she worked as a DJ in Hong Kong before and now she's working for radio stations in Canada and people from US, Canada and Australia can listen to her programme. She's planning to have a new radio programme about pets and now collecting stories. At first I didn't give this member my story because I think it's already long time ago. But she actually approached me and asked if she can have my story and send it to her friend! This is such an encouragement to me! I still cannot believe that someone can still remember a story I wrote 3 years ago. I am more than happy to share my story with her and her friend and other people in the world of course! The reason I wrote that story was to send the message across to as many people as possible!

Later in January, my article will be recorded as a story and broadcast from the DJ's programme. I'm very excited to see how my article will become in audio format.

One thing I've to say is, I've never earned a cent from all these things above. I don't really care about that. I'm already very happy when someone like my writings and is brave enough to publish them on the magazines or radio. =P

I'm so happy tonight that I didn't study at all! >.<

No comments: