Monday, September 10, 2007

Shooting fever

Seems like I've met the craziest group of local photographers since my first gather with them to Pulau Ubin!! These guys are crazy!! But I love them!!

Remember we went out for 6-hour night shooting on Friday night? My upper back was in pain after that 6-hour carrying all my gears walking around the district, leaning forward and backward to get the view I wanted.. But on Sunday morning.. I went out again, with the same group of people! What's more? Since I knew that I couldn't do any studies on Sunday, I stayed up all night on Saturday night.. didn't sleep at all!

Anyway..

We arrived at the Jurong Bird Park exactly at 9 in the morning. The entry fee for the park is S$18, very expensive, so we wanted to fully utilize the opening hours!! So here are some of my takes:


Let me tell you a secret...


Shooting the eagle in the cage w/o showing the cage need certain patient.


What's so funny??


Look at those professionals!!


Taxi~~~ don't want to be shot!

This is a fantastic photo shooting experience. I've learnt a lot again! Now I know how to shoot the bird in the cage, and the owls in the super dark area! And, I've also learnt how to pay attention to other cameras while concentrating on my own shoot, cos you never know who's shooting you!!


When u're attacking someone, there is always someone else attacking u!


We shot all the way till lunch time, and found out that the cafes in the park are SUPER expensive! So, most of us skipped lunch, and continued with our shooting instead.. until 5:30pm .

Just when everyone's thinking that we were heading for dinner, somebody suggested to go up to the hill somewhere near the park to shoot the sunset!! So.. we drove up to a hill nearby.. but unfortunately we couldn't find a place to shoot the sunset properly, instead we shot some nice views.


And finally! After a whole day long shooting.. we went to Marina to have steam bowl dinner! I was the only one taking photo cos everyone was soooo hungry and I was the only "tourist" there!


Notice the butter on the table, it turned out to be a sculpture of durian later after the dinner!


What a day!! My whole body is in pain now! But unlike the don't-know-why backpain I've been suffering in the past few weeks, I love this kind of pain! It reminds me of the wonderful time I had!

The group is now planning for more outings in near future. They are really crazy about that! Some of them are planning for what to do in CNY next year!! And someone also thinking of going to Malaysia for overnight shooting!!

I've promised myself, as long as I'm free, I must join them!! I won't let my mood beat me this time.

To see all the photos I took that day, please visit my online album.

No comments: