Saturday, September 22, 2007

marriage

Something came up to my mind just now.. really wanna write it despite the fact that I've a 2000 word essay waiting for me..

Have been busy with school work and other social activities this semester, didn't have much chance to do some serious writings. I feel really bad about that. Although I managed to get myself started with this English blog, this is very casual writing and its nothing compare to what I used to write in Chinese. And I did have things in mind that I wanna write, just that I couldn't sit still and write anymore... sigh

Anyway.. just now I suddenly remember something I talked with mom last week and wanna write something about it.

She asked me about the new friends that I met here in Singapore outside university. She asked about their age and what they do for living. Actually I'm not quite sure.. =P I never ask my friends this kind of questions. All I could tell her is that some of them are about my age, some are slightly older.. but something special to me is that, seems that they are all married.

Before meeting this group of friends, I've already met some local university students who get married once they graduate. From my observations, Singaporeans tend to get married quite early. hmm.. well.. I should not say "quite early" actually, I do think that they marry in a more appropriate time than Hong Kong people. People in Hong Kong now seems to get married in their later stage of life (i.e. after 35). I guess the main reason is money. In Hong Kong, it's really hard for one to get a flat to start a family, and it's also not very feasible to stay with your parents-in-law because the flats are so small.

The funny thing is.. I am planning to stay in Singapore for several years.. and when I told mom about Singaporeans' get marry in their 20s.. her response was 'Then will it be very hard for you to find a husband?'

hahaa..

afterall.. she's still hoping that I'll be able to get one!
sorry mom, I always try my best to do what you want me to do..
but this time.. I guess it's not something I can control already..
I guess I just meant to be alone.
I'm starting to accept the fact, and getting ready for it.
I hope that you won't be forcing me this time..
cos I just cannot force someone to marry me if nobody love me. =P
and I really wish that you are not the one who give me pressure on this.
Ask me to do something else....
you know I will do anything you want me to as long as I can do it.

even grandma also said that girls can live without guys (although I never agree =P)
you still have two other daugthers.. I'm sure they can do that..
it's too late for me already..
let me do something else for you, okay? =)

No comments: