Thursday, September 13, 2007

Earthquake

There was a 8.4 magnitude earthquake in Indonesia last night. I don't have TV in my room and I was busy with my study last night so I didn't know about this until this morning.

How did I know? I was woken up by an aftershock this morning at around 8am.

I woke up and found that my bed was swining.. since I didn't know there was an earthquake last night and I think there is no earthquake in Singapore, the first thing up to my mind is.. am I sick?

But the swinging was quite obvious and I suddenly noticed the blinds in my rooms were swinging heavily also. So I realised it was an earthquake.

I was a bit freakin' out that time as I really dunno what I should do. It seems not that serious that I should run away from the building. But I did worry about what will happen next. I'm staying on the 6th floor and I'm quite sure that unlike the buildings in Japan, the buildings here are not built in a way that they can stand for strong earthquake. But I also not sure what is "strong" or "not strong".. so I didn't run at last..

I did have similar experience in Hong Kong many years ago. However the swing that time was so slightly that if you were not a sensitive person like me, you won't feel that. That why I didn't worry at all even I was staying on the 24th floor.

After about 3 to 4 min of shaking, everything seems became normal again. Then I checked on the Internet and found out about the earthquake news. Pretty sad that seems it was another earthquake that's going to make serious damage to Indonesia. Hope the people there will be fine.

Although I'm not very worried about where I am now, I start feeling sick ever since that swing.
Just feel like having a seasick.. and it have been already 5 hours and I'm still very sick about that.. I don't even have this kind of feelings when I travel on boats or planes..

What should I do now?

No comments: