Thursday, August 30, 2007

Culture day?

Today I got exposed to quite a numbers of different culture in just one afternoon. The Marketing S.E. Asia's Heritage lecture was held in the NUS Museum. The lecturer and a staff from the museum shown us some art works by local and S.E. Aisan artists, this is the first time I've heard of the Nanyang Style of paintings, quite interesting.

The most interesting thing to me is that I've got to see some Chinese ceramic. When I first saw them, I felt quite weird as they look a bit different to what I've seen before in other places. They are similar, but different in details like the things they draw on the ceramic and even the words they wrote on them. Just when I was wondering, the lecturer suddenly said that he and some other scholars suspects that there were actually some ceramic made only for export purpose and those in the museum today could be part of them. They think that the Chinese might have made different ceramic for export and for local use. But studies still have to be done to proof it. At that moment, all my wonders were gone! I truely think that those we saw today were made for export purpose and they were marketed to the S.E. Asians. You can really tell from the type of flowers and fish and even the chinese charaters they painted on the ceramics.

Although I don't really know what is the relationship between the visit to the museum and our course.. I did enjoy the trip and I will be visiting the museum again soon.

After the visit, my friend in the class asked me to go and watch a film together with other friends. It was a German movie called "Run Lola Run" (original German title Lola rennt). This is my first time watching a German movie. The 76-min movie was all about the 3 different scenrios happened when Lola needs to find 100,000 Deutsche Marks for his boyfriend Manni within 20 mins. All 3 scenrios have different endings and lead you to think about life. Oh, and the German friends we met at the movie are also very friendly.

Went to have burger king for dinner with 2 friends from HK after movie, finally I got to hear someone from my own place telling my about the uni life there! Yes, I know nothing about the life in university in my own place at all!! What a shame!!

Hopefully tomorrow's weather will be fine, coz I wanna go to the Army Open House to do some shooting!

And I really wish I didn't need to submit my essay next Monday, coz my friends are going to Bintan this weekend and I couldn't go with them!! =(

No comments: