Monday, June 25, 2007

Dream comes true

I talked about Butterfly Lovers Concerto the other day, that post made my dream comes true.

I have been dreaming of having a friend who knows how to play erhu for so many years. I have been asking all of the people I knew and none of them know.. actually they don't even play any Chinese instruments..

Surprisingly, a friend of mine here in Singapore read my post.. and he told me that he knows how to play erhu!! I can never imagine he will be the one I've been looking for!! This is such a big surprise to me and.. i really cannot describe how I feel when he told me about this. Although he didn't say that he's going to play for me.. I already feel very happy.. it's a dream come true!! :)
Yeah! I got a friend who play erhu!! and he has played for 12 years!! even longer than my piano life!! This friend is so amazing.. I kept discovering surprises from him! I really wish we had more time :)

More about the Butterfly Lovers.. I remember when I was working in the Arts Library in HK. There was a little section called Audio Visual Library. There is always the best job to do to be on duty there because you will be alone there and you can play all the CDs in the library!! And I always play this Butterfly Lovers (of course by erhu) everytime when I was there. Sometimes readers came to the counter and found me with tears... hahaa...
That was my greatest time in life.... I really missed the time working there until we had to merge with the new HK Central Library... :(

No comments: