Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What will you get if you want to PAY for a Windows Vista?

This is my own experience. Of course I'm not saying that everyone will get this when they buy Windows... but if I had a choice, I would just BT and use it..

by the way... I still haven't got the software yet... coz they have just ACCEPTED me as their customer this afternoon! thank god!
The story began when I bought my new laptop on the 26th of January this year......

This very new laptop I bought is the Fujitsu Tablet Series T4215.
I chose Fujitsu becoz the last one I used was Fujitsu and I have been using it for almost 5 yrs and it NEVER hang for one single time.

I bought a new one only becoz I think this is my last year to use the good deal as a "student" so I betrayed my dearest old laptop, I sold it.

The new laptop comes with the Windows XP, but in the packaging of the laptop,
there is a small promotion card that said "Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Program"
Here.. please do remember it said "Express"

The program was not started when I bought the laptop, on the card, it said it started from "Windows Vista Launch" to 31 March 2007.

And there is no pricing of course...
But I'm quite interested in finding out how much will it cost me to upgrade.. so I decided to check the website on the promotion card.
I was happy to know that the redemption process can be done online!

But at that time (early Feb), I was waiting for my local credit card (I don't want to pay by HKD or AUD), so I didn't apply for it.
so I waited until Feb 13 until I got my credit card from local bank and tried to apply for the upgrade.
But.. the website was no longer working!!
so I emailed them and asked if the program is still running or not.
They actually replied me AN HOUR after I sent my email and asked me to try again the next day...
so I did it the next day, the valentine's day... and it seemed working..

BUT
It turned out that the online system didn't work properly.
After I key in all the details including my CREDIT details...
well...
I thought that maybe problems with the internet connection..
so I tried again..
and this is when the problem started.
There is so-called a COA code on every laptop they sold, somehow the system cannot verify my COA anymore since that moment.
so I emailed and asked what should I do?

well... what happened next?
I think the best way to tell is to just show the emails between me and the Fujitsu support...
so here it is..

From: Annie Tang

Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:28 PM
To: AsiaPac Support
Subject: upgrading to Windows Vista


Hi,

I've purchased a Fujitsu Laptop T4215 recently and noticed that I can get an upgrade to Windows Vista for around S$40 (forgot the exact amount when I browse the page few weeks ago) but I've found that your website is no longer working.. is the upgrade period already expired? (the information card I've got stated that the period ends late March)..
please advise if I can still get an upgrade or not. thanks a lot.


From: AsiaPac Support
To: Annie Tang
Sent: Tuesday, 13 February 2007 3:13:36
Subject: RE: upgrading to Windows Vista



Hi Annie,

We are sorry to inform you the currently the Web Site is down and Fujitsu is trying their very best to rectify the link. The last day of the Vista Upgrade registration is on 31st March 2007. You may wish to try again at a later time or tomorrow again.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards
Fujitsu Support Centre.



From: Annie Tang
To: AsiaPac Support
Sent: Wednesday, 14 February 2007 5:24:40AM
Subject: Re: upgrading to Windows Vista


Hi again..

I've tried the web site again last nite and it looked like working so I tried to submit my request for the upgrade.. it works perfectly until last step.. after I input the details of my credit cards and click enter.. it turns out a page saying something error... and I didn't get any confirmation email of my order..

so I tried again later.. but somehow it said it is not able to validate my COA number.. (which was ok before).. is there still problems with the web site or is there any problem with my laptop? (I bought the laptop from NUS Co-op on 26 Jan 2007 and registered online already)
thanks again.

Annie
They didn't reply this email, and I also found that from the "current order" section on the website, my order was CANCELLED
so I sent another one two days later.
From: Annie Tang
To: MSTUPVISTAASIA@
Sent: Friday, 16 February 2007 2:56:11AM
Subject: ordering of Window Vista

Hi,

I've ordered an upgrade of Windows Vista few days ago and found that the status of my order become "cancelled" today. And I am not able to make another purchase coz it said it can't verify my COA number.....

could you please kindly check for me and advice me what to do?
the order number is :
XXXXX
my laptop is T4215, just bought it from National University of Singapore CO-OP on 26 Jan and I've already registered online.

thank you.
regards,
Annie



And this is what I get... which I think is reasonable.

From: Upgrade Redemption Support Center
To: Annie
Sent: Friday, 16 February 2007 3:58:29PM
Subject: FW: ordering of Window Vista

Dear Annie Tang

Thank you for your support in the Upgrade Redemption Program.
We are currently looking into this matter.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact us again.

Best regards,
Upgrade Redemption Customer Support



so I wait for their reply...
I wait patiently... I waited and waited... and finally.. I forgot about it!!
the email they sent me was on Feb 16 right?
I waited until I forgot about the whole thing and until I suddently recalled it on March 3, which was already 2 weeks after their email..
so I guess.. they might forget about it (just like me)...
and I emailed them and asked again!

From: Annie Tang
To: Upgrade Redemption Support Center
Sent: Saturday, 3 March 2007 12:52:46AM
Subject: Re: ordering of Window Vista
Hi again,
just wanna know if there will be any follow-up to my case??

coz I'm still not able to purchase the Windows Vista from your website and I understand that the redemption program will be ended this month.

thanks
regards,

Annie

Coz I sent this email on Saturday, so I got their reply on the next Monday.

From: Upgrade Redemption Support Center

To: Annie Tang
Sent: Monday, 5 March 2007 3:43:21PM
Subject: Upgrade Redemption Program

Dear Annie,


Thank you for your support in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

We regret to inform you that your order has been cancelled. This is most probably due to your COA number being corrupted. We are looking into this matter. Currently, Microsoft is running validation checks on all COA numbers. Please wait for 3 days before attempting to register online again. You will not be charged a second time. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further enquiries, please contact us again.

Best regards,
Upgrade Redemption Customer Support



Ok, although I don't understand why my COA number is corrupted, at least I know I can try that again 3 days later, that's what they said...
so I waited again...
and not surprisingly.. I forgot again!! 3 days is too long to remember something......
It is not until 9 days after they told me to wait that I went to the website and tried again...
but again... not surprisingly... it didn't work..
so guess what? I emailed them again!

From: Annie Tang
To: Upgrade Redemption Support Center
Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2007 2:21:38PM
Subject: Re: Upgrade Redemption Program

Hi again,


As your advice, I didn't try register again until today.. which is already 9 days after your reply, but I still cannot get through that step.. can you tell me what I should do now?


regards,
Annie


This comes to the most interesting part of the story, if u are still reading..
They NEVER reply me after this. NEVER.

I really don't know what they are thinking?
Am I begging them for a free Windows Vista??
Yes, I'm paying only S$44 for it... but this is what they offer me..
If they don't want my money.. why don't they just BS some reasons and tell me I'm not eligible for the program?
Why did they keep me waiting and do nothing?
And how could a PC company, which "service" is a big part of their business, can treat a customer like that?
I mean, ignoring customer enquiry is..... well...
anyway... I told them exactly what I think... 9 days again after I sent my last email

From: Annie Tang
To: MSTUPVISTAASIA
Sent: Friday, 23 March 2007 8:32:06PM
Subject: Fw: Upgrade Redemption Program



well...

Can someone just tell me, am I NOT ALLOWED to redeem the Window Vista upgrade so that I don't need to keep trying this stupid upgrade system every few days and still got rejected? And no one seems want to reply my enquiry anymore? I've been waiting from you guys for 9 days since my last email!



If u want to tell me I'm rejected by this upgrade scheme, why don't u just give me a reason and shut me up?
hmm.. guess what..
this email was sent on Friday night.. I thought the tone I used was impatient enough to get their attention

and HOPEFULLY I will get a reply on the next Monday (yesterday if u can follow the story.. :P)...
well.. obviously I was wrong!!
there was no reply on Monday. so I sent the SAME email again on Monday nite and cc it to the general customer service.
I checked email at around 2pm this afternoon... NO reply still..
so I sent the SAME email again!!
this time.. I finally got their reply...after I send the "angry email" three times
and I really want to show you WHAT they sent me the reply:

From: V
To: Annie
Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2007 3:20:36PM
Subject: RE: Upgrade Redemption Program



Annie ,

Sorry to keep you waiting . I've verified your order & confirm that you've successfully submitted one confirm order . You new order confirmation # is xxxxx . You should receive your order pretty soon as order has been pushed to back office for shipment . Thanks!

From: A
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:16 PM
To: V
Cc: 'foryou'
Subject: FW: Upgrade Redemption Program
Importance: High

Hi V,


Could you please look into this call immediately?
Customer is very impatient.

Thank you

Best Regards
A


-----Original Message-----
From: AsiaPac Support
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:07 PM
To: Ms. A; AsiaPac Support
Subject: FW: Upgrade Redemption Program


Please assist. Thanks.

Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks and Best regards,

Mr. F
Assistant Manager


From:Annie Tang
(this is my original email)


So what happened to my email was.. it passed from the AM Mr F. --> Ms A --> Ms V
and.. I suddently got my problem solved!! which is very good, right??
ok..
I do appreciate their efficency (only for today)..
but.. is it necessary for me to know all the details on HOW they get this done?
especially when Ms A has a comment on me that "The customer is very impatient"???
are they telling me that, my problem is solved only becoz I'm too trouble??
why don't Ms V simply delete the internal communication before replying their customer???
do they think I will be happy knowing that?

well...
tell you the truth.

I don't feel bad at all after seeing their "comments".
I just learnt three things from this:
first:
Next time
if I want their service, I need to sound like "impatient" to get them move!
never be nice to them!
second:
maybe I should consider BT next time, which cost me nothing in terms on money and time!
third:
an EXPRESS program... can takes up to 2 months.. and still hasn't come to the end
(I'm still waiting for the delivery, who knows what will happen?)

No comments: