Monday, October 23, 2006

I am a lazy perfectionist

Who am I?
I am a perfectionist.
If you ask me to fold a paper into half, I will fold it exactly to half of the original size.
If you ask me to draw a square, I will use a ruler to measure the length of each side to make a perfect square.

I try everything to make myself perfect.
I walk perfectly,
I talk perfectly,
I eat perfectly,
I interact with people perfectly.
Although my outlook is not perfect, I try every best to make other thinks that I'm perfect.

Once I was studying in Sydney,
people were from all over the world, without knowing anyone.
At that time, I thought: I've to make myself the top of the class to be perfect to them.
A main reason behind was.. I was not good at anything else.

So, I aimed at High Distinction for every single assessment, every single subject.
Of course, I couldn't get HD for all of them, but at least my results were quite good.

There's nothing wrong with perfectionists in my opinion, as least they always push themselves for the best.
However, I'm not only a perfectionist, I'm also a lazy gal.

To become a perfect perfectionist requires lots of hard work, which made me feel like shit.
At the end of the day, people expect even more when you reached a certain level.
Even if I got all HD, they will expect me to do something more.
I couldn't cope with all pressures from myself and others anymore.

So, when I started my studies at ANU, I never expect anything from myself except a pass.
I became a totally lazy gal..
The fact is, without those unnecessary pressure, I still did quite well at school.
Of course there were not as much as HDs as before, but I'm still satisfied.

But, am I too lazy now?
This semester, I almost never start writing my assignment until the day before the due date.
Fortunately I still managed to get them done on time, but the quality must be lowered.
From what I got back till now, the results are not as good as before.

But the thing is, I don't regret that.
At least I enjoyed this kind of relaxed study environment.
Although I got some Chinese students who critized me when I didn't finish my assignment the day before due date....
well.. what I think is.. as long as the researches were done, the actual writing usually only requires a few hours..
plus.. it's my own assignment, what's the point of "being critized" by someone else who has nothing to do with me about the progress?
All I want to say to those who critized me is "None of your business!" (well, I really wish I had gus to say this to those people)

No comments: