Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm lucky and blessed

Despite all the everlasting exams and homeworks and other stuff I have to do, today is actually a beautiful day for me, starting from the moment I woke up. =)

Woke up at around 11am because of the whole-day walking yesterday (will probably talk about this later), switched on my laptop, found out that the little white Google Talk icon on the system tray had turned into the one with a red M on it... which means... You've got Mail~

At that moment, I had a feeling that it must be the email I've been waiting for ages. I quickly click on the little icon and login my Gmail account. And yes, it WAS indeed the email I have been waiting for. =)

I read through the email three times, and my tears dropped.

No, it wasn't any special touching email from secret admire, it wasn't any email that gives me huge prize. It was just a normal email by a friend, with only a few words about his recent life.

However, it was already the greatest gift of today. I'm really really so happy.

This is all I want, just to make sure my friend is doing well, every now and then.

What's more? We met online later in the afternoon and chatted for a little while! Today is really a nice day to me.

Thank you for sending me the email, my dear friend. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember the last night we went out. It was late at night, you brought me out for a drink. The music was nice and we had a great time.

On the way back, I leaned on your shoulder when you were driving. I remember that you said something I don't understand, but I didn't care what you were saying because you had never talked to me so softly before, all I wanna do was to remember that voice.

I also remember your touches on my left cheek as I was telling you some of my worries. You'd not been doing this kind of gesture since last time you suddenly pinched my ear when we were drinking. That was really long long time ago, but I somehow I still remember. Although you were not doing this out of love, still I felt so warm at that time and wished the night would never end.

Of course I do remember our last hug. Sad yet sweet. Will we see each other again? We never know. Even I'm lucky enough to see you again, will we still be the same? We never know too.

I don't always remember things in such details. But I do remember our last night, and many other days and nights. Because this is what I want already. I'm too happy with all these that I could remember tiny little funny things that happened between us. I'm too happy that nothing happened at the end and I'm too happy that you are still my friend. This is already too good for me, I think I'm lucky and blessed.

No comments: