Saturday, August 18, 2007

zi lang zi bua - again!!

Two days ago I mentioned about the film <881> and the theme song <一人一半>. I said that I prefer the original Hokkien version rather than the new Mandarin version, so I asked my 'brother', the man who treats me the best in the world (except my dad), to translate the lyrics into Chinese for me. I didn't expect he will really do so when I emailed and asked him.. coz he never teach me any Hokkien when I heard him talking Hokkien to others and asked him to explain to me. But once again he did something so sweet to me and lightened my day from heavy readings, bad weather and bad mood..

After reading the lyrics, I love this song more, a lot more than the Mandarin one.. the lyrics is actually far more better than the Mandarin one. It's more plaintive, more romantic, more touching. With Liu Ling Ling's voice and emotions.. I do cry when hearing this wonderful song!


Here's the song again:



The translations by my brother, Charles.

一人一半 感情不會散
一人一素故 感情才會久
一款一邊 感情哪會痺
一人一嘴 永遠不會分開

一款的人 一款的夢
為怎樣傷得阮這麼重
為你思念 為你惆悵
你才會狠心放阮一人

越想越亂 越想越夢
為著你心茫茫心沉重
你有所想 你有所夢
你可會當阮是你的人

一人一半 感情不會散
一人一嘴 永遠不會分開

*阮=我

PS: Bro Charles, thanks for the translations, I LOVE U SOOOOO MUCH!!!! *muack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting (and to your brother as well!)... been looking for the hokkien lyrics for ages since I've watched the show =P

lennel said...

hi! where'd u get the audio file! i've been looking high and low for it :)

could you let me know where to get the file too? thanks :)