Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Romantic in lecture

Finally back home after lots and lots of things happened today. I have so many things that I want to share but let me just tell you something I saw this evening during the Intercultural Communication lecture.

This lecture is scheduled at 6-8pm, so I was a bit tired and easily distracted by others in the lecture. Lucky that I've already done the reading so I didn't need full effort to listen to the lecture..

A young little guy was sitting on the next seat but one row in front of me, there was nobody sitting right in front of me, so I could clearly see the things on his table, even his writings!

I noticed this guy busy playing with his cellphone during the first 10-15 minutes of the lecture, but I didn't pay much attention to him because students here LOVE to send SMS during classes!! But suddenly he put away his cellphone and took out his laptop and turned it on.

I first thought he was going to take notes directly to the ppt file instead of writing them down since people nowadays don't WRITE anymore! But I was wrong..

Soon after he logged on his computer, he connected to the Internet, a big banner "Internet SMS Chat" grabbed my attention!

I don't usually do this, but I did watch him typing his messages because I really wanna know WHAT the hell is so urgent that he had to connect to the Internet and message someone during the class.

and here were the messages: (maybe not the exact wordings, but same meaning)
note that there were no responses from the other side during his "conversation"

msg1: Darling, are you there?
msg2: My phone batt is gone. I wonder if you are there.
msg3: I'm having lecture. The batt suddenly gone. I'm afraid that you think I'm ignoring you so I connect to the Internet immediately and tell you I care about you and I LOVE YOU.
msg4: guess you are not there.

something like this.. and then he turned off the laptop.

later I found out he's a Singaporean.
How?
We were told to write down a title of ourself (cannot use our name) and three words to describe our culture. (I will talk probably about this interesting exercise later).
The lecturer use South Africa as the title since she is an South African
And his title was Singapore.
And one of his three words describing his own culture was "intelligence"

What I wanna say is... IF I've got a boyfriend like him, I'll kill him for sure!!
Just because of the messages he sent!!

Where are the men??

No comments: