Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Wii Ad

What is so good about the Nintendo Wii?
Just watch this ad and you will know ALL about it!
Unlike other game machines, Wii is more targeted on the ease of use rather than developing sophisticated games..

I had these feelings when I watched this ad:

  1. Wii is for all players, from experienced players to non-gamers (see the lady who plays the golf game, she looks so "shy" as if it was the first time playing a TV game)
  2. Wii is for everyone, from kids to youth and to parents. Everyone knows how to use it.
  3. Wii can be played anytime, you can play it youself, you can play with your friends, your bf/gf, and your family.
  4. Wii has a wide variety of games: sports, fun, "violent" (I love the idea that the guy used the sword to "almost" kill the enemy and end up with a za-zen pose, just to aviod blood scene in the ad)

As an ad being shown before the launch of the product, I think the ad works really well and it can really shows the joy of playing Wii. And it also uses the "i" character in a very creative way to keep people in mind that it's all about Wii. I think the ad really helps generating people's willingness of purchasing their product.

Me? My sister got one in Australia as soon as it was available. I still remember she and her friend went out and get that pre-ordered Wii some time around mid-night that day. I'm not a TV gamer (I only play NDS..) but I really did enjoy playing Wii. =P



No comments: