Monday, May 21, 2007

Fallen in Love

I LOVE HIM!! I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!
Oh my God, when can I see him again?????
I don't want to wait for another 12 years!!!!!


I met him 12 years ago when I was still a very little girl.
I bet my mom to pay me the ticket and I went all by myself to see him.


12 years later, I met him at Singapore.
I saw him last month, Apr 29.
After that night, I immediately bought another ticket to so that I can see him again tonight (May 20)..


Yes.. I spent lots of money to see him - The Phantom of the Opera..
now, I can only have one meal each day..
but.. it's all worth!!!

Even I watched the opera twice just within 3 weeks time,
there're still lots of differences between the two shows.

1st, the casting for Christine Daae is changed.
Last time it was Ana Marina , this time it was Rebecca Pitcher.

Although Ana was supposed to be the "alternate" Christine, I think she is actually more suitable for playing the role of Christine and I do think that she has a better voice.

2nd, I've a different seat, of course.
I got a much better seat this time although the price of the tickets were the same.

This time I had better luck since last time I had 3 "lovely" local girls who couldn't stop talking even during the show!!!

Tonight, I only had a lady who wear a very heavy smelling perfume sitting next to me...
The seat tonight gave me a much more better view than last time and I can hear more clearer.
I can even notice other people crying on the 2nd half of the show.

3rd, The play was more touching tonight for me..
Maybe I know I could not see him again for a short period of time (Tonight is their last show in Singapore),
and maybe because I've already seen it once just 3 weeks ago,
I started crying just 5 mins after the show starts..
when, I guess most of the people still didn't have much idea about the story...
I was already crying..
I cried almost throughout the show.. much more than last time..

4th. The audience were different this time also!!
they are nicer than those I met last time!!
During the last show, people took out their mobile phones and kept taking photos during the break and ignoring what the staff told them..
And right after the show, people almost left straight away.
Tonight, we all stood up and clapped very long time for the performers.

hmm.. So why I love HIM, the Phantom so much?
I didn't love him so much until I saw him again last month.
The Phantom this time was played by Brad Little, who has played the role of Phantom for more than 2000 times!!!
I don't reckon him as a player of the Phantom, I have to say, HE is the Phantom!!!
If you have watched his performance, you will know what I mean!!
There are scenes that he had to cover all his face and body and act ONLY with his HANDS,
and he can do that!!!
he can act and express lots of feelings with JUST THE TWO HANDS!!!
and his voice of course!!
he has a voice that you will never forget. He has the best voice among all the performers..
oh.. I'm so in love with him..

when his heart was broken, I felt like my heart was broken too.
when he cried, I cried with him..
he is such a poor guy, he did nothing wrong, but people hated him.
this is exactly how the world treats those handicapped people..

he got kisses from the girl he loves, but not because the girl loves him.. just because the girl loves another guy..
he knew it.. but.. this is the only thing he could get..

I don't know how to describe my feelings now.
If there's a real Phantom, and I were Christine, I'll never leave him.
and it's no way for me to choose that stupid Raoul..

Maybe that's me..
I've been trying to help the weakers in the communities since I was very young..
although I cannot do much, I'll try my best..

tonight, I really wish that tomorrow the stupid NUS Business School will tell me that I cannot take the special semester module I'm taking now.
in that case, I have to go back to Australia for my last semester.
and in that case... I will be able to meet the Phantom again later this year!!
coz they will be heading to Melbourne after a short break..
but I already know that the casting for the Phantom will not be Brad Little...

will see...

nevermind..

I'll go to London one day to see the true Broadway Phantom of the Opera..
maybe I'll just go there for a week and watch it every night..

No comments: